Questions on the software? Call us at 800-609-0788?
* If you use QuickBooks financial software:
1. Open a blank sales receipt in Point of Sale, enter the recipient in the customer field and go directly to the Take Payment screen.
2. Enter the amount being donated in the Gift Certificate or Gift Card field of the Sell column.
3. Enter the same amount in the Account field under Charge to. Press Enter and then click Save Only or Save & Print Receipt.
4. After the End of Day process, open QuickBooks. Select the Customers menu and select Receive Payments.
5. Enter the recipient in the Customer/Job window and the Invoice for the Gift Certificate will appear.
6. Select the invoice and click Set Discount.
7. Enter the amount of the Gift Certificate or Gift Card in the Amount of Discount field and select the appropriate expense account for the Discount Account.
8. Click Done and then click Save and Close.
* If you do not use QuickBooks financial software:
1. In Point of Sale, create a Non-Inventory item with a description of Promotional Gift Certificate or Promotional Gift Card and set the Tax Code to Non.
2. Enter the item on a blank return receipt and change the Price to the amount of the gift certificate or gift card.
3. Proceed to the Take Payment screen and move the amount in the Change column to the Gift Certificate or Gift Card line under Sell.
4. Press Enter and then click Save Only or Save & Print Receipt.
|< Prev||Next >|