Questions on the software? Call us at 800-609-0788.
Error 176103: Unable to activate the product when opening Point of Sale.
Why is this happening
This error message can be caused by the following:
* The computer’s system date may be set incorrectly.
* The wrong validation code for an upgrade copy of Point of Sale is entered.
* The prior version CD has not been inserted when requested at the time of registration.
How do I fix this?
1. Make sure the validation code is entered without hyphens or spaces.
2. Check the computer’s system date:
A. Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel.
B. Double-click Date and Time and correct the date and time if needed.
3. Attempt to validate the product again, inserting the prior version CD upon request.
4. If the error recurs, uninstall Point of Sale, delete the contents of the Intuit Entitlement folder, and reinstall Point of Sale:
A. Uninstall Point of Sale.
B. Right-click the Windows Start button and select Explore.
C. Select the Tools menu and select Folder Options.
D. Click the View tab and clear the Hide extensions for known file types checkbox.
E. Select Show hidden files and folders and clear Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
F. Click OK.
G. Navigate in the left window to the location: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv6.0. To navigate, click the plus sign (+) next to each folder listed.
H. Right click the first file in this folder and select Delete. Click Yes and repeat for each additional file in the v6.0 folder.
I. Reinstall Point of Sale.
|< Prev||Next >|