Questions on the software? Call us at 800-609-0788!
EMV is a new US credit card payment standard meant to make credit transactions more secure. EMV stands for Europay, MasterCard, and Visa – the developers of this standard.
EMV cards feature smart chips which encrypt data for every sale, making card transactions more secure. These cards are designed to be inserted into the reader and remain in place throughout the entire transaction.
Along with this change, there are new industry standards for the information contained on receipts. The default 40 column and Letter receipt templates are EMV compliant. If you use a modified template, make sure to add the fields required for EMV compliance.
List of required fields:
- Body Header:
- Transaction Date & Time
- Transaction Type & Number
- Store Name
- Store Address
- Tender Amount Information (includes total and masked card number)
- Tender Credit Card Name
- Expiration Date
- Tender Reference
- Entry Mode (Chip, Chip/Swiped, Manual, or Swiped)
- Tender Merchant Information
- Tender Signature Line
- Card AID
- Retention Reminder
To add fields to a custom receipt template:
- Go to File > Tools > Print Designer.
- From the Available Templates list, double-click your receipt template to open it.
- Click the Add button and choose Data Field or Group of Fields. Add any fields from the list above that aren’t already on your template.
Information provided by intuit, Inc.
|< Prev||Next >|