Written by Scott FairMonday, 18 August 2014 11:11
Questions on the software? Call us at 800-609-0788!
In some cases, people opening the QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise software are receiving the above error.
This error typically occurs when 1 or more files for the program are damaged, or removed. This can occur when an anti-virus program mistakenly marks a file from the program as suspect.
Some users of Avast anti-virus began receiving this error after an update to the anti-virus mistakenly marked the DMUSERS.DLL file as suspect and quarantined the file.
If you are using Avast, Intuit recommends the following steps:
Exclude QuickBooks from the Live Monitoring Service:
note: your exact steps may differ depending on the version and level of Avast! anti-virus you have installed.
- Double click on the Avast! icon located in the system tray to launch the Avast! On-Access Scanner (next to the time in the lower right hand corner of the computer screen).
- Click Settings.
- Click the Antivirus option on the left-hand side.
- Scroll down to find the Exclusions section.
- Add the following file paths:
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\
- If the company files are stored on the system’s hard drive (not a network drive) then add that directory as well.
- Click OK.
- Double click on the Avast! icon located in the system tray to launch Avast.
- Click Scan(or Maintenance, depending on your version of Avast).
- Click Quarantine (Virus Chest).
- Right click the QuickBooks file that has been quarantined and select Restore and add to exclusions.
- Click Yes and then close the virus chest screen and Avast.
If you are using other anti-virus software, you will need to refer to their documentation to set them to ignore the QuickBooks software.
Even after configuring the anti-virus, you may still have issues and may need to perform a clean install to get the program operational.
|< Prev||Next >|