Written by Scott FairMonday, 16 June 2014 15:23
Questions on the software? Call us at 800-609-0788!
When you run the spell checker, and add words to it, Intuit saves that information as a part of the QuickBooks Dictionary file. This data is included when you make a backup.
But there are times that the file becomes clogged with incorrect spellings, and we want to start over. Or we may need to move that dictionary to a new copy of QuickBooks.
Your UserDictionary.tlx file is located in your program file:
- Windows X/P: C:Documents and Settingsuser nameLocal SettingsApplication DataIntuitProgram Folder
- Windows 7: C:Usersuser nameAppDataLocalIntuitProgram Folder
- User name is the name of the person logged in to Windows.
- Program Folder is the folder in which your current version of QuickBooks is installed.
To view the AppData folder, you will need to make sure you can see hidden files and folders on your computer.
To clear the dictionary and start over:
You can delete all added words from your UserDictionary.tlx file:
- Exit QuickBooks.
- Find the UserDictionary.tlx at the paths above.
- Rename the file to oldUserDictionary.tlx
- Start QuickBooks.
When you next run the Spell checker and click to add a word, QuickBooks will recreate the UserDictionary.tlx file.
To move your dictionary file to a new version:
After upgrading QuickBooks to a new version, your active UserDictionary.tlx file will be in a different location. This means that all of the words that you added are in the old location. To retrieve your old dictionary file:
- Find your old program folder using the addresses above.
- Copy your old UserDictionary.tlx file.
- Find your new program folder using the addresses above.
- Paste you old UserDictionary.tlx file into the new program folder.
|< Prev||Next >|