Written by Gary ClarkMonday, 05 August 2013 12:54
Error – User Name Already In Use
When logging into a QuickBooks financial program are you getting an error message saying that the user name is already in use? Here are some steps to resolve that error.
Quiestions? Give our experts a call at (800) 609-0788.
This message can be caused by one of the following:
- The accountant or user logging into the company file is using Remote Access, and did not log out from a previous session.
- The user name is already logged into the company file from a different workstation.
To resolve this issue:
- End all open QuickBooks processes.
- Open Task manager by clicking Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Click the Processes tab.
- Click Image Name to alphabetize all open processes.
- Right click and End process on all processes that begin with “qb“.
- Attempt to to Log In to the company data file.
- If still unsuccessful, Restart the server(s) storing and hosting the company data file.
- Open QuickBooks on a workstation.
- Attempt to Log In to the company data file.
- If unsuccessful, attempt to Log In as a different user.
- Contact your QuickBooks Administrator about resetting your QuickBooks password. If you are the QuickBooks Administrator:
- For QuickBooks 2008 and later: Click the reset button on the log in screen, and answer the challenge questions. If you are still having problems select the link to the Intuit Automatic Password Removal Service.
- For QuickBooks 2007and earlier: Reset your administrator password by selecting this link to the Intuit Automatic Password Removal Service.
- If still unsuccessful, Restore a backup made before the issue began and reenter data.
- If you do not have a recent back up, contact your prefered technical support person/company.
|< Prev||Next >|