Written by Scott FairTuesday, 02 April 2013 16:43
Questions on the software? Call us at 800-609-0788!
When trying to start the database manager service manually, you may receive this error, “The QuickBooksDBXX service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.”
This can be caused by:
- A damaged Quickbooks Database Server Manager
- An atypical installation path
- Hosting is inactive when QuickBooks is installed on the Host computer
How to fix it
Intuit recommends more than one solution for this problem. The first solution may solve your problem, or you may need to try all of them to resolve the issue. For best results, perform the solutions in the order shown.
Solution 1: If QuickBooks is fully installed, turn on hosting in QuickBooks.
Solution 2: An atypical installation path was used.
- QuickBooks or the Database Server Manager may have been installed to a drive other than the C drive.
- Reinstall using the default path.
- If required to use an atypical path, try removing any spaces in the file path that is being used. (i.e. D:programfilesQuickBooks2013EnterpriseSolutions). Do not install to a mapped drive.
Solution 3: A damaged Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
|< Prev||Next >|