Written by Scott FairMonday, 04 June 2012 12:54
Questions on the software? Call us at 800-609-0788!
When attempting to run a Financial Exchange with QuickBooks, you see the following message:
This application is not allowed to log into this QuickBooks company data file automatically.
Why this is happening
There are three possible causes of this message:
- QuickBooks may be open under a login other than Admin.
- Point of Sale or QuickBooks may not be updated to the latest release.
- The integrated applications preference in QuickBooks may have become damaged.
How to fix it
- Close QuickBooks and reopen it, logging in as Admin.
- Ensure that both Point of Sale and QuickBooks are updated to the latest release:
- Refresh the integrated applications preferences in QuickBooks:
- In QuickBooks, choose Edit > Preferences.
- Select Integrated Applications in the left window and click the Company Preferences tab.
- If more than one application is listed, select QuickBooks Point of Sale and click Properties.
- Make note of the name in the Login as field, select the blank line and deselect the checkbox next to the permission for the application to access the company file.
- Click OK and click OK again.
- If this fails, In QuickBooks, go to the Preferences, Integrated Applications. Select QuickBooks Point of Sale and click on Remove. Go back into Point of Sale and go to Preferences, Company, Financial and click on Setup QuickBooks Connection Now. Choose Existing Company, and allow it to complete Close QuickBooks and run the Financial Exchange. It should then complete.
|< Prev||Next >|