Written by Lyn PetersonMonday, 28 February 2011 10:56
Sometimes it is necessary to reset the online bank account. Here are the steps to use for “re-branding” a Web Connect bank account for online access in QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, or QuickBooks Enterprise. Always back up the company file before making these changes.
- After backing up the file, Lists > Chart of Accounts
- Right click on the bank account
- Left click on Edit Account
- In the Edit window, click the Online Services tab
- Select the Deactivate all online services radio button
- Save & Close
- Close the Chart of Accounts
- Close the QuickBooks company file
The next step is to get the file from the bank to import into the company file.
- Go to the bank account Web site
- Download a file and save it on the desktop for the account we are working with
Note: Please make sure that the file downloaded is a file that can be imported into QuickBooks. Please do not download a .iif file format, .cvs file format. The only file type that will import into QuickBooks online banking is a .qbo file.
After downloading from the bank Web site, open QuickBooks to the company file we are setting up the online banking:
- File > Utilities > Import > Web Connect Files…
- Locate the file on the desktop and double click
- This should start the Setup account for online banking wizard
- The first window will have you select the account, choose the existing account
- Follow the wizard and this should reestablish the online banking for that account
After these steps, if you are still having difficulty with the online banking functions in QuickBooks, there may be other issues with the bank account/company file.
|< Prev||Next >|