Questions on the software? Call us at 800-609-0788!
When you are trying to set up the Intuit Sync Manager you are getting Error 18_201 and are not able to set up the sync manager.
How to fix it
To fix this issue you will need to rename the Sync Manager settings folder.
Warning! If you have multiple files set up to Sync, renaming this folder will remove all files from the Sync Manager and will need to be reset for each company file.
Resetting the Sync Manager
- In QuickBooks, choose Help > Manage Data Sync > Reset Intuit Sync Manager.
- In the message that appears, click Reset Data Sync.
- Sign into Intuit Sync Manager using your Intuit account information for this company file.
- Follow the workflow to complete the setup.
To rename the Sync Manager folder:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Make sure the Sync Manager icon is not in the Windows System Tray.
Note: If the icon appears in the Windows System Tray:
- Right-click on Sync Manager icon.
- Choose Exit Sync Manager.
- Verify that IntuitSyncManager.exe is not running in the Windows Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Sync Manager folder:
- Windows 7 or Vista: C:Users\AppDataLocalIntuitSyncManager
- Windows XP: C:Documents and Settings\Local SettingsApplication DataIntuitSyncManager
- Right click on the SyncManager folder to display the options menu.
- Choose Rename.
- Change the name of the folder to SyncManager old.
After renaming that folder, you should be able to re-open QuickBooks and set up the Sync Manager without any other problems.
|< Prev||Next >|