Questions abouit the software? Call us at 800-609-0788.
Recently, several customers have reported getting an email from intiuit advising of a security update tool that needs to be downloaded.
THIS MESSAGE IS A FAKE!.
Intuit send ypdates automatically through the software and does NOT send emails advising you to download a security tool. This is a scam that attempts to access your system to get your personal information and credit card data.
Here is an excerpt from Intuits response to the emails:
What we won’t do
- We will never send you an email with a software update or software download attachment.
- We will never send you an email asking you for login or password information to be sent to us.
- We will never ask you for your banking information or credit card information in an email. We will never ask you for confidential information about your employees in an email.
What we’ll do
- We will provide you with instructions on how to stay current with your Intuit product, and we will provide you with information on how to securely download an update from your computer.
- If we need you to update your account information, we will request that you do so by logging into your account.
Please be very careful about emails of this nature. If you receive an email from Intuit, please call Intuit directly at 800-609-0788 to verify that the emails are coming from them. Please, also make sure your anti-virus software is up to date at all times.
|< Prev||Next >|