Written by Scott FairWednesday, 16 September 2015 10:51
Questions on the software? Call us at 800-609-0788!
True to form, Intuit will be releasing the new version of QuickBooks soon.
There have been some changes.
New Bill Tracker – You’ll now be able to get real-time data and status of the money that’s going out of your business. You’ll be able to search and sort your bills by vendor, type, or date range, and then take actions such as printing, paying or closing PO’s.
New Bulk Clear Send Forms – You can now select and remove multiple documents from the send queue at once rather than having to go through each line item.
Improved e-invoicing – You can now send your invoices with a “Pay Now” link and accept any major credit card on the spot. Then once the payment goes through, your QuickBooks data is updated with the payment details downloaded directly into your QuickBooks software.
New Fiscal Year-to-Last Month Report Filter – Any report now allows you to filter for a specific date range, making custom reports now a breeze.
New Continuous Feed Label Printer Support – You’ll now be able to use a Zebra-compatible printer to print single labels on your continuous feed label printer.
Improved Verify and Rebuild Data Process – No longer do you need to find the QBWin.log files to troubleshoot the problem when you encounter a data verification issue. Now, the details of the detected issues for both the Verify and Rebuild process are provided to help you solve the problem faster.
New Auto Copy Ship-To Address (only in 2016 Premier Accountant and QuickBooks Enterprise) – QuickBooks now populates the “ship to” address with the customer’s information that’s on file. No longer do you need to manually input the addresses from the Create Sales Order or Create Estimate into the Purchase Order ship to field.
NEW! Filter for Custom Fields in Item Reports – Item-based reports will recognize the filter settings for custom-defined fields.
IMPROVED! Upgrade Process Made Easier – Upgrading from prior versions of QuickBooks is now easier and includes an integrated backup operation.
ONLY WITH ACCOUNTANT AND ENTERPRISE VERSIONS
NEW! Batch Delete/Void Transactions
Included With: QuickBooks Accountant and all editions of QuickBooks Enterprise (Admin or External Accountant login required).
This powerful and timesaving feature is available only with QuickBooks Accountant and QuickBooks Enterprise (all editions). There are many reasons why a bulk delete, or void functionality, could be very useful. For example, your client may have downloaded a large number of transactions more than once, or a new employee incorrectly entered several transactions.
Below is a summary of the functionality available with the Batch Delete/Void Transactions:
- Transaction types that can be voided or deleted in batch include: Invoices, Checks and Bills.
- The following general ledger posting transactions cannot be voided or deleted with this tool:
- Sales Tax Payments (in the displayed screen shot, the row is greyed out)
- Payroll Liability Payments
- Credit Card Charges / Credits
- Inventory Adjustments
- General Journal Entries
- Bank Transfers
- Transactions in a closed period
- Transactions that are linked to other transactions will not void or delete the linked transaction. For example, a bill payment check voided will return the bill(s) previously marked as paid to an Open status.
- Transactions types selected for Delete/Void can be smart filtered by:
- Payee including Customers, Jobs, Vendors, Employee and other names
- One choice from: Entered date, Last modified date, Transaction date
- All dates, Last 90 Days and a variety of other dates including Custom
- Users can select all displayed transactions with a single click, or can individually select or deselect transactions.
- Sort the viewed data by clicking on any of the column headers.
- Transactions dated on, or before, a closing date cannot be voided or deleted.
- Integrated backup helps protect data. However, the user can choose a non-standard option to void or delete without creating a backup.
- QuickBooks provides a Review Batch
or Transactions view, depending on the type of action selected. The user can type a Memo that will be added to each transaction. The user can also choose to Close, and not complete, the requested process.
- Upon successful completion of the requested operation, QuickBooks provides a message listing the number of transactions Voided or Deleted with a link to view or print the Voided/Deleted Transactions Summary report.
|< Prev||Next >|