Written by Scott FairThursday, 05 December 2013 12:19
Questions on the software? Call us at 800-609-0788!
The IRS has instituted changes on the 1099 forms. Here is some important information you should know.
- The IRS changes to the Tax Year 2013 1099-MISC tax form did not include adding any boxes.
- However, the IRS changes did include changing the format, size and/or position of a number of boxes.
- It is this reformatting of the boxes by the IRS that will cause the alignment issues when customers on unsupported versions of QuickBooks print their 1099-MISC forms.
- ONLY customers on QuickBooks 2010 or prior are impacted by these IRS changes and need to consider upgrading or handwriting the forms.
Customers on QuickBooks 2011-2014 are NOT impacted by these IRS changes. They will be able to print their 1099s correctly from QuickBooks.
For Customers in previous versions you have 2 choices:
- Fill out the forms by hand.
- Upgrade to the latest version of QuickBooks or QuickBooks Enterprise.
If you are currently using an older version of QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Mac, or Enterprise, please call us as you may be eligible for a discount.
|< Prev||Next >|