Questions on the software? Call us at 800-609-0788!
When running the Verify Data Utility or the Rebuild Data utility, or when running a memorized report, the following error occurs:
This error can occur when:
- The Verify or Rebuild utility encounters a target bit set that is outside of the expected range.
- Running a memorized report that was created in an earlier version of QuickBooks and did not convert properly.
If this error occurs when running the Verify Data utility:
- Click OK to close the error message. After the verify process is complete, the message Data lost integrity displays.
- Perform standard data damage troubleshooting.
1. DO UPDATE YOUR QUICKBOOKS TO THE LATEST RELEASE.
- Releases can fix issues that appear to be data issue.
2. DO NOT UPDATE YOUR QUICKBOOKS TO A NEW VERSION.
- Updating to a new version cannot fix data damage, and can make data damage very, very, difficult to fix.
- Use a new filename to avoid overwriting previous backups.
4. DO THESE STEPS ONLY ON THE COMPUTER ON WHICH YOUR FILE IS STORED.
- Some of these tools should not be run over your network.
6. IF YOU WANT TO COPY YOUR FILE, COPY THE ENTIRE FOLDER THAT HOLDS YOUR COMPANY DATA FILE (.QBW).
- The folder contains supporting files needed by the .qbw file.
6. DO NOT RUN THE CONDENSE DATA UTILITY (.QBW).
It can damage your file beyond repair.
If this error occurs when running a memorized report:
Recreate the report. If the report opens after you click OK in the error message, you might be able to find information to help you recreate the report.
In the report window:
- Click How Do I > Learn more about this report to view information about the report
- Click Modify Report to note what Columns are displayed on the report, what Filters are used, and other custom settings included in the memorized report.
|< Prev||Next >|