Written by Scott FairWednesday, 27 March 2013 12:37
Questions on the software? Call us at 800-609-0788!
California is implementing new sales and use tax rates as of April 1st, 2013.
Please check the attached chart to see if you are effected.
Those using QuickBooks Point of Sale may need to adjust the sales tax rate.
Change a tax rate in Point of Sale when it is configured to exchange data with QuickBooks
When using Point of Sale in conjunction with QuickBooks, sales tax rates need to be changed in QuickBooks prior to the new rate changing in Point of Sale.
- Choose Lists > Item List.
- Double-click the sales tax that needs to be edited.
- On the Edit Item screen, change the rate. Click OK.
In Point of Sale:
- Choose Financial > Update QuickBooks. When the exchange is done, click Close.
- Choose File > Preferences > Company (Version 9 and below: Edit > Preferences > Company).
- Select the Sales Tax Preference. Point of Sale will connect with QuickBooks. When finished, the sales tax will now calculate with the new rate in Point of Sale.
- Click Save.
|< Prev||Next >|