Questions on the software? Call us at 800-609-0788!
Error: Unrecoverable Error XXXXX XXXXX QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close
When you try to open QuickBooks (including the QuickBooks Database Server Manager) you see this error message:
Unrecoverable Error XXXXX XXXXX QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close.
You may see no specific error number or any of the following:
Note: This error can also occur when you try to create a new company using the Easy Step Interview.
How to fix it
Intuit recommends several solutions for this problem. The first solution may solve your problem, or you may need to try all of them to resolve the issue. For best results, perform the solutions in the order shown.
Solution 1: Right click on the QuickBooks desktop icon and left click on Run as Admin. Try opening the company file again
Solution 2: Open a QuickBooks Sample Company file
Opening a sample company file helps to identify the source of the problem.
- Press and hold the CTRL key while opening QuickBooks until you see the No Company Open window.
Note: Using the CTRL key on your keyboard while opening QuickBooks opens the program without opening a company data file.
- If you see the error again, try the next solution.
- If you don’t see the error yet, click the Open a sample file button, and choose any of the company files in the list.
Note: You may be asked to restore and update the file. Click Yes.
Choose the next step that applies to you by clicking to expand the blue link:
The sample company file opens and you don’t see the error
If the sample company file opens without error, your working company file has a problem.
Solution 3: Download the QuickBooks File Doctor
Download, install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor.
Solution 4: Ensure that only the computer with the company file is hosting
Multi-user hosting status can occasionally lead to access problems even with a file on the local computer. On the computer where the company file is stored please check the following:
Choose the File menu and select Utilities > Host multi-user access.
Follow the prompts to turn on hosting.
You saw the error while opening the sample company file
If you saw the error while opening another data file, it is possible that the QuickBooks program or installation files have been damaged.
Solution 3: Re-register your QuickBooks files
- Close QuickBooks.
- Run reboot.bat to re-register QuickBooks files in Windows.
- Restart your computer and reopen QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Update QuickBooks
Update QuickBooks to the latest release using the Manual Updates instructions.
Solution 5: Create a new shortcut
- Go to your Windows desktop: right-click in an empty part of the taskbar and choose Show the Desktop.
- Click the Windows Start button and choose All Programs.
- Find the QuickBooks application in your programs list, click and hold to select it, and drag it to the desktop to create the new shortcut icon.
- Double-click the new icon to open QuickBooks.
Solution 6: Repair QuickBooks
Repair your QuickBooks installation.
Solution 7: Reinstall QuickBooks
Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks and its related files.
Solution 8: Repair your Microsoft .NET Framework
Repair or reinstall your Microsoft .NET Framework.
|< Prev||Next >|